Early Bird Offer
Master the Art of Visual Data Consumption, Data Narrative & Visual Story Telling
Visual Analytics using TableauAudience Agnostic!!!
Visual Analytics is to communicate information clearly and effectively through graphical means. Visual Analytics is closely related to information graphics, information visualization, scientific visualization, and statistical graphics. One crucial skill that a great business data analyst should possess is the ability to communicate practical implications of quantitative analyses to any kind of audience member.
Listen to the story that your data is telling!
The world is now awash with data in all forms and kinds. Data generation and analysis are not sufficient. Necessarily data should reveal the story. Storytelling is a cornerstone of the human experience. It's through stories we had understood things from mythology to scientific discoveries. A prime focus of storytelling is not just following the world but changing it and influencing it to do an actionable outcome. But, can stories be told with data, as well as with images and words? That is where Visual analytics becomes all the more effective. Visual Analytics enables storytelling with data.
Here is how this workshop makes your learning engaging.
To focus on creating visuals using tableau software which aids in decision-making.
To learn the art of creating Interactive dashboard in Hands-on way using real-world datasets.
To comprehend the art and science of data storytelling.
To enable you to upskill rapidly in Data Visualization domain.
What will you learn?
Significance of Visual Data Consumption in enabling data-driven decisions
How visual analytics allows for a common-sense approach to decision-making? Saving the sophisticated calculations and Jargons!
Data Narration and Visual Story Telling using Tableau Functionalities.
Interactive Lecturing, Case Study with Real-world Datasets, Hands on Tableau Sessions.
Live Online Classes Curriculum
Module 01 – Why Visualize?
- Visual Analytics (VA)
- Enabler for Decision Making – Use Cases.
Module 02 – Understanding the Tableau Interface
- Data Connections
- Extract Vs Live
- Data Types
- View Data
- Column Formatting and Sorting
Module 03 – Building Your Visualization
- Worksheet Interface
- Measure Names and Values
- Discrete Vs Continuous
- Drill Down and Hierarchy
- Data Sorting Types
Module 04 – Understanding Tableau Features
- SHOW ME - Understanding the Charts
Module 05 – Exporting Vizzes
- Save and Uploading in Tableau Public
- Tableau Online
- Publishing Reports
- Interacting with Tableau Online
Module 06 – Visualize with MAP
- Map Options
- Map Layers
Module 07 – Enhancing your Visualization
- Group and Sets
- Interactive Filters
- Action Filters
Module 08 – Building an Interactive Dashboard
- Dashboard Worksheet
- Dashboard Size
- Positioning the Worksheet objects
- Layout Containers
- Using Actions for Navigation
- embedding a Live Website
- Adding Details on Demand with Tooltips
Module 09 – Data Narrative
- Story Points
- Highlight the Insights and presenting a compelling Data Stories.
Module 10 – Advanced Charts
Module 11 – Create your DATA STORY
- Using Real World Dataset(s)
- At the end of the program, each participant would be guided to submit his/her Data Narrative (Real world dataset) in Tableau in their respective Tableau Public Profile.
- The submission would mark the successful completion of the program.
- Upon Successful completion of the Program, participants would be given successful program Completion Certificate on “Visual Analytics using Tableau” from IMT-Hyderabad.
- In the general, tableau learning doesn’t require any pre-requisite. You should have interest in visual data consumption. This is a beginner level course. Hence, it will start from scratch with an assumption that the participants are new to Tableau. Data Analytics Tools to be used in this course is Tableau Software.
There are a few requirements for this course. Let’s have a look –
- This certification program is best suited for those who are passionate about data. Graduates, business intelligence, testing professionals are included as the target audience. Anybody who wants to start a career in data visualization can take this course. If you want to understand visual data consumption and apply it in your work, this course is for you. Master the art & science of data storytelling. Learn tableau functionalities and apply the same for building vizzes, and get hands-on experience with tableau software using real-world data set.